In unreal you should have 2 separate files to view your animation. A rig file in t-pose and then the animation fbx itself.
- Open unreal and select blank project.
- Drag your rig (t-pose) into the content directory.
- Import All.
- Drag your animation into the content directory. Be sure it is using the proper skeleton.
- Import all.
- Drop your animated fbx onto the stage.
- Open Unity and select blank project (I usually have a sandbox)
- Drag your animation into the assets directory. Depending on how you exported it you may not require a t-pose base rig.
- Right-click in the assets directory and create a new “animation controller”.
- Name your anim controller something like “playerAnim.anim” or something so that you know which anim it is.
- Expand the character hierarchy by clicking the “>” arrow on its icon. You should see one that is called anim.
- Double click the animation controller, drag in the animation and link it up however you want. (this will require its own tutorial for more complicated animations)
- Click on the character and in the inspector drag the animation controller to the animation driver box.